PRIVACY STATEMENT ROUTESCANNER
The online Routescanner services and this website (www.routescanner.com (the 'Routescanner Services') are developed, operated and offered to you by Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V. (the Port of Rotterdam, 'POR', 'us', 'we' or 'our'), a public limited company, under Dutch law, having its registered office at Wilhelminakade 909, 3072AP, Rotterdam. Through the Routescanner Services, POR provides insights in worldwide container shipping routing options.
With this privacy statement we inform you about the processing of information regarding your visit of our website, your use of the Routescanner Services and your communications via our web-form, which include your (personal) data.
It explains to you – as the visitor of our website and/or user of the Routescanner Services - ('you') who we are, what data (including personal data) we collect and the different ways in which we collect, use, and share this data. It also explains how you can exercise your privacy rights.
The scope of this privacy statement: what data?
The scope of this privacy statement covers the processing of information:
- When you visit our website
- When you use our Routescanner Services
- When you register as a user
- When you fill out the web-form on our website
We collect and process the following specific data we request from you when you fill out and send the contact web-form and/or when you register yourself as a user of our Routescanner Services ('specific data'):
- E-mail address;
- Role (shipper/forwarder/other);
- Descriptions to align our service with your needs (used tradelanes, load types. etc.);
- Transportation preferences;
- The questions/remarks/other information you choose to send to us via the web-form or e-mail.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your (personal) information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement.
How we use your data.
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To reply to your messages;
- To send newsletters, publications and updates to subscribers;
- For log-in and authorization purposes of the Routescanner Services;
- For marketing, and other business purposes.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing (for example via using pixel tags to collect IP addresses which may be used to analyze web traffic), and other business purposes (including providing statistical information to the operators participating in the Routescanner platform).
- To track your browsing behavior in the RouteScanner service for analytics purposes and to monitor, operate, maintain and improve the RouteScanner service.
With whom we share your data.
Personal data will be available for Port of Rotterdam, and its third party service providers that process personal data on our behalf (such as hosting providers and subcontractors) and will NOT be shared with other third parties. Analytical data may be shared to the operators participating in the Routescanner platform.
Legal basis for data processing.
We use your data on the basis of the following bases ('legal bases'):
- the data are necessary for providing the Routescanner Services to you;
- the data are necessary for our justified interests related to the Routescanner Services;
- you provided your consent to collect, use or otherwise process your data (e.g. to send newsletters, publications and updates).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your (personal) information, please send us a message via our web-form or via e-mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Security and confidentiality.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the (personal) information and data obtained and processed through our Routescanner Services from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Our personnel and service providers with access to personal information/data collected through our Service are required to keep such information confidential and secure. Where third party service providers process personal data on our behalf (Salesforce Heroku and Google Analytics), we have concluded data processor agreements with them. All personal data is stored and processed by us and our service providers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Retention of data.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, however no longer than 2 years, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Your privacy rights.
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement.
- We will process your requests to exercise your privacy rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. You may send us an e mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement;
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent;
- You have the right to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain personal information to verify your identity. Please note that by fulfilling such request, we might not be able to continue to provide you with the (proper) service and you might no longer be able to (fully) use the RouteScanner service.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your personal information or exercise any other rights, contact us:
Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V.
Web-form (general privacy: preferred point of contact)
E-mail address (general privacy)
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
World Port Center (WPC)
3072 AP Rotterdam
3002 AP Rotterdam
08:00 - 17:00 hours
(Mo.-Fri., excluding national holidays)
This Privacy Statement is dated July 2021. POR reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Every change will be communicated on our website. POR recommends to regularly check our website to see whether changes have been made.To homepage