Data Science (Graduation) Internship
Are you looking for a (graduation) internship which revolves about turning loads of data into valuable insights? We are Routescanner and we are on a mission to make the container logistics world more transparent and sustainable. Get the feeling of real-time impact and experience a new level of being challenged on a day-to-day basis.
We build and run a high-tech platform to support logistical decision making for cargo owners, forwarders & operators. At Routescanner you work on a product that is transforming the way containers are being shipped around the world. The result is a smooth platform where the user is centralised, and that is continuously extended and improved with new features.
About the role
Are you passionate about data and do you enjoy solving logistic puzzles? For a data science internship, we have multiple topics, among which are:
- User behaviour; Turning the behaviour of thousands of users into valuable insights. E.g., to predict the probability of users returning and their expected behaviour. Or whether their behaviour pattern is suspicious and could indicate misuse of our platform.
- Schedule reliability; Routescanner receives millions of schedules from operators around the world every day. We need to turn this data, that changes over time, into valuable and interpretable insights which thousands of users will leverage to make their optimal decisions.
You will be working closely with Kim, responsible for our data science since the start of Routescanner, who will guide you through your internship. Besides that, you are surrounded by professionals who love to share their knowledge, allowing you to learn everything about the technical and business side of Routescanner. If you are eager to learn new things and thrive in a fast-growing environment where you can make a difference this is the place to be.
What do we expect from you
- You have a passion for solving complex challenges with large amounts of data.
- You are in the final phase of your master's degree (MSc) in a discipline such as Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science.
- You have knowledge of, or you are interested in operations research related problems.
- You have experience with R (or Python).
- You feel comfortable working in a start-up environment with the freedom to drive your own ideas and create visible impact.
- You take responsibility, show initiatives and can think outside the box.
- Your communication skills are on point. You can present your ideas, analyses and insights in a way everyone in the room understands you.
- You are available for a full-time internship for at least 5 months.
- You are currently living in the Netherlands.
- You are fluent in Dutch.
We offer you
- Do something meaningful; be a part of a supply chain disrupter and being able to shape the future of (digital) container shipping.
- Plenty of room for initiative and creativity.
- A monthly allowance of €669,- based on 36 hours per week.
- Our colleague Kim, responsible for everything new and cool regarding data science at Routescanner, will support you during your internship.
- A possibility to continue your career within the company after your internship.
- A workplace with a great panoramic view of Rotterdam from the 18th floor.
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during sport activities or while having a drink.
- Working in an international environment.
Did this description make you enthusiastic? Don’t hesitate! Let us know before the 28th of February. If you have any questions about this internship and/or the application procedure, please contact email@example.com.